Milk Source is proud to co-sponsor the inaugural “Kickin’ It with the Cows” Fun Run/Walk to benefit Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
The event is an extension of the Dairy Cares of Wisconsin annual campaign to benefit the hospital and support the families facing medical crises.
- Distance: 1-mile walk, 5k or 10k distance
- When: Saturday, July 8 7:30 a.m.
- Where: Voyageur Park, De Pere WI
Run or walk the 1 mile, 5K or 10K along the scenic Fox River. The Course starts at Voyageur Park, then quickly onto the Fox River Trail and crosses the DePere Bridge on the mighty Fox River. It goes through St. Norbert’s College Campus then back to the park incorporating the Fox River Pier for a beautiful panoramic view.
The 10k continues down Lost Dauphin Road and winds through the new St. Norbert’s Football Stadium and then back to Voyageur Park. Flat fast course. All miles will be marked and turns will be well marked. Plenty of water stations along the course.
Cows will be at the finish where you can stop mooving and they can do the mooing. This is a chip-timed event. Performance moisture wicking shirt will be provided for each participant. Plenty of food at the end too. Awards to the overall winners and in separate age groups.
Come support a great cause and potentially set a PR on a fun course. Proceeds benefit Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Event details and schedule:
- Packet pick up on Friday Night (July 7th) 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. and race day (July 8) in Voyageur Park from 6:30 a.m.- 7:15 a.m. in Voyageur Park
- Early Bird fee is $25 with a group rate of 3 or more for $20 and children 12 and under $15 (thru July 5th). Note: Children (11 and under) may be included as 1 of 3 participants to receive group rate. Your child may sign-up for a team at the end of their registration process.
- Kickin’ It with the Cows starts promptly at 7:30am
- Strollers and dogs welcome
- Free parking on site!
- Photo opportunities with cows and goats at the finish line
- Plan to stick around after you finish for food and drink
- Race timing professionally provided! (Note: 1-Mile Walk is not timed.)
- Questions? Looking to volunteer? Contact Mike Kuehl at email@example.com
- And a quick disclaimer: “Children under 5 years old, the elderly, pregnant women, and immunocompromised persons have a higher risk for serious infections and should observe heightened precaution. Such persons should weigh the risks for contact with farm animals. Children under 5 years old should be supervised closely by adults, with precautions strictly enforced.”
Joining us as sponsors are …